Wednesday, February 9, 2011
News: Top 100 Limey Films
Given the popularity of my "Top 100" countdown, I take it that, as myself, most of you enjoy "Top #" lists. I thought then I should alert you to a list by Time Out of the "Top 100 British Films". They made the list by pulling together the Top 10 lists from many different people in the film industry, from actors to directors to producers to journalists. Unlike most of these type of lists, they also let you view each individuals ballot, which was something I enjoyed skimming through. There are a lot of films on the list I have yet to see, but there are a lot of good films as well, including two films in my own personal top 5, "The Third Man" (#2 on their list), and "Lawrence of Arabia" (#23 on their list, which is definitely too low in my opinion). I was disappointed that Edgar Wright's two British comedies, "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz", did not make the list, but as time goes on hopefully Wright's films will grow in reputation among the film elite. Anyway, if you want to take a look at the entire list, as well as the individual contributors Top 10 lists, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment