Tuesday, February 8, 2011
News: Oscar Rarity Tomorrow at 10:00 PM
I just wanted to alert any Oscar obsessed people like my self that a rare opportunity will be available to you tomorrow at 10 PM on Turner Classic Movies (TCM). Every Oscar season, TCM has its "31 Days of Oscar", in which the network shows only Oscar winning or nominated films for 31 days. As part of this great program, tomorrow at 10 PM, TCM will be playing the 1933 winner for Best Picture, "Cavalcade". The reason I mention this, is that "Cavalcade" is only Best Picture winner not to be put on DVD, making it extremely hard to see. In fact, it is one of the few films the Academy has awarded Best Picture that I have yet to see (there are 9 altogether, including "Cavalcade"), which is why, despite the film's supposed mediocrity, I am extremely excited to check it out tomorrow night. If you like knowing your Oscar history, don't pass up this opportunity tomorrow at 10 PM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment