Thursday, January 20, 2011

News: Speilberg and Lucas. Two Friends, Two Very Different People

     I stumbled across this interesting article at "Sound On Sight"'s website and I thought I would pass it along to anyone interested (click here to read the story). The two part article compares and contrasts the two defining auteurs of their generation, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, in style, effect on cinema history, and personality. The article paints a much more flattering view of Mr. Spielberg than it does Mr. Lucas (or at least in my opinion), which isn't too surprising from the things I have heard before (or just watching the two speak). If your a fan of either of the two directors, and really even if your not (as long as you find different personality types interesting), it is definitely worth a read.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this link. Very intersting. I like Spielberg's movies much more than Lucas's. Probably because of the human quality that Spielberg adds to his movies.

    ReplyDelete