Friday, December 3, 2010
News: NBR Announces 2010 Awards
The National Board of Review (NBR) announced its annual film awards yesterday. If you're asking yourself, "Who is the NBR?", don't worry about it, nobody really knows who the NRB is exactly. There not film critics, there not really industry professionals, and they even include bankers, but regardless of this fact, there annual awards mark the unofficial start of the awards season. This year's big winner was "The Social Network", which won Best Film, Best Director (David Fincher), Best Actor (Jessie Eisenberg), and Best Adapted Screenplay (Aaron Sorkin). NBR also lists an additional Top Ten, which I was happy to see included one of my favorite films of the year, "Shutter Island". Historically, the NBR's awards haven't had much effect on the Oscars, but it's still part of the fun tracking the rising and falling hopes of different films along the awards season. This has also reminded me that I need to update my Oscar predictions some time in the next week or two. I have been waiting to see another one of the huge contenders before I updated my predictions, and now that "127 Hours" has finally come to my area, I'm hoping to see it before making the update, but I may just do the update anyway if I can't see the film soon. In the meantime, if you want to see all the NBR's awards, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment