Monday, November 29, 2010
News: Leslie Nelson Dies at Age 84
I'm sure you know this by now, but I thought I would acknowledge the death of Leslie Nelson on Sunday. He died at the age of 84 due to complications from pneumonia. He is most famous for his career as a comedian later in life for roles in parody films such as "Airplane" and "The Naked Gun" and its sequels. I haven't seen this movies for many years, and even though I have the feeling they wouldn't quite live up to my memory if I watched them today, but I loved them as a kid. No matter what, these films stand miles ahead of the poor excuse for parodies films today like "Meet the Spartans" and his performances had a lot to do with that. Before his career as a comedian, Leslie Nelson was actually a serious dramatic actor appearing in films like "The Poseidon Adventure". It is sad news whenever a beloved film figure dies, and with the ever expanding impact of media on American culture, there are only going to be more and more of these sad announcements. I think though the best way to honor any person's memory is to discuss what stuck out about them in your mind, so if you have any cinematic moments in Mr. Nelson's career that you would like to share, feel free to leave your memory in the comment section.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment