Monday, November 22, 2010
News: Daniel Day-Lewis Set to Play Honest Abe
Steven Speilberg has been preparing to direct an Abraham Lincoln bio-pic for about a decade now, but has consistently delayed it to direct something else. Well, it finally looks like Spielberg may be ready to get the project under way, as it was announced this week that Daniel Day-Lewis is set to play the famous sixteenth president. Apparently, Day-Lewis is checking out Lincoln's old stomping grounds in Illinois to research the role. Ever since the project was announced, Liam Neeson has been attached to be the film's star, but for some reason or another Daniel Day-Lewis has now taken over the role. I'm personally happy to see the change, but I am still skeptical about the project. Spielberg has the tendency to over-simplify things in his historic films, and even with Daniel Day-Lewis, I'm betting the film will be incredibly reverential, but we will have to wait and see. If you want to read more about the casting, clcik here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment