A slew of nominees and awards were announced today, and the one thing to take away from it all is that "The Social Network" is without a doubt this year's critics' favorite. Every single major awards organization which has announced its winners have given the film Best Picture, and the film has also been included as a Best Picture nominee in all the organizations that have yet to announce their winners. Director David Fincher has either won or tied in all the awards that have been given out so far, and actor Jessie Eisenberg has fared pretty well too for his fantastic performance as Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, which should quell any doubts of an Oscar nomination for Eisenberg. If I had to pick one other film that has seemed to benefit the most from these critics awards, I would probably have go with "Black Swan", Darren Aronofsky's film which is a supernatural/psychological-thriller/ballet picture (not a combination that I would have thought of). There are also a few other actors who have benefitted from the critics awards, but I don't want to get in to it here, as I am saving this analysis for my next Oscar predictions column (which I will do my best to get up within the next few weeks). In the meantime, if your interesting in seeing some of the critics nominations and winners, click any or all of the following links:
Houston Film Critics Society
Boston Society of Film Critics
New York Film Critics Online
Los Angeles Film Critics Association
American Film Institute

No comments:
Post a Comment