Wednesday, October 27, 2010

News: Batman 3 Gets a Title

   
     Any time there is a whisper about anything to do with the next Christopher Nolan Batman film, people go crazy, but today, there is actual legitimate news to report. Nolan revealed in an interview that the next Batman film will be titled "The Dark Knight Rises". It seems there is a clear attempt here to cash in on the enormous success that was "The Dark Knight" by keeping it in the title. I'm sure the film would do great no matter what it is called though, and I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of creativity in the title. Overall, the title of a movie doesn't matter (although I think some people like "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" more just because of the title). What matters is how good the film is and Christopher Nolan has a tall task to follow-up one of the best films of the last decade.

     Nolan also revealed that the villain in the movie will not be The Riddler like many were speculating. Frankly, I’m glad the villain isn’t The Riddler, because even though I like the character, I think it would be a little too similar to The Joker. We're going to have to wait a bit longer to find out who the villain of the film will be, but it the meantime, let me know what you think of the new name and the villain that you would most like to see in "The Dark Knight Rises". If you're interested in reading more about Nolan's thoughts on the upcoming movie, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment